Computer ports questions and answers. Cables and connectors related Hardware MCQ Question PDF. MCQs for Test, quiz and all competitive exams.
Computer Ports Questions and Answers
1. The standard used in serial ports to facilitate communication is
d) RST 3
2. Transformation between the parallel and serial ports is done with the help of
a) Flip flops
b) logic circuits
c) Shift registers
3. Components used to increase the flexibility of the serial ports is
a) wire used for port is changed
b) ports are made to allow different clock signals for input and output
c) the drives are modified
d) connects the new cables
4. Physical ports are usually referred to as _______
d) hardware plugs
Explanation: Physical ports are connections that connect two systems for their interaction. LAN, PS2 and DVI are example of physical ports.
5. _______ are logical numbers assigned for logical connections.
a) Logical ports
b) Physical ports
c) Networking cables
d) IP address
Explanation: Logical ports are end-point to a logical connection. The numbers are pre-assigned by IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) which ranges from 0-65536.
6. Number of logical ports ranges from ___ to _____
a) 0, 255
b) 1, 65535
c) 1, 65536
d) 0, 65536
7. Virtual ports help software in sharing without interference all hardware resources.
8. _____ needs some control for data flow on each and every logical port.
b) Network firewall
c) Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
9. The logical port is associated with the type of protocol used along with the IP address of the host.
10. Which of the following is the port number of FTP data?
11. RS-232 is a standard that applies to:
a) serial ports
b) parallel ports
c) small ports
12. There are ____ major types of ports in computers.
13. PS2 and USB are example of _______ ports.
c) Both A and B
d) None of these
14. Logical ports are also known as ______
a) numbers ports
b) virtual numbering
c) virtual ports
d) networking protocol ports
15. On the PC side, the printer port is a:
a) 25 pin female serial connector
b) 15 pin female parallel connector
c) 25 pin male serial connector
d) 25 pin female parallel connector
16. Which company developed PS/2 Ports
17. PS/2 port is also called ______
a) DVN plug
b) DIN plug
c) input plug
d) round plug
18. How many pins in PS/2 ports
19. Green color PS/2 Port is used to connect
20. Purple color PS/2 Port is used to connect
21. USB stands for_____
a) Universal serial bus
b) Universal system bus
c) Universal special bus
d) Universal small bus
22. VGA stands for _______
a) Video game adapter
b) Video Graphics Array
c) Video Graphics Adapter
d) Visual Graphics Array
23. A Video Graphics Array connector is a _____ row and _____ pin
a) 3, 15
b) 2, 25
c) 1, 10
d) 6, 12