Database MCQ. DBMS Most important objective multiple choice quiz questions and answers with pdf for computer related competitive exams and interview.
1. What is a database
a) Organized collection of information that cannot be accessed, updated, and managed
b) Collection of data or information without organizing
c) Organized collection of data or information that can be accessed, updated, and managed
d) Organized collection of data that cannot be updated
2. Which of the following cannot be used to modify the data in a database
3. What is an instance of a database
a) The logical design of the database system
b) The entire set of attributes of the database put together in a single relation
c) The state of the database system at any given point of time
d) The initial values inserted into the database immediately after its creation
4. Database catalog or dictionary defining descriptive information which is stored in database is called
a) Constrained data
c) Basic data
d) filtered data
5. Which type of data can be stored in the database?
a) Image oriented data
b) Text, files containing data
c) Data in the form of audio or video
d) All of these
6. Select the correct definition of relation in database
a) Subnet of a Cartesian product of list of domains
b) Subset of a Cartesian product of list of tuple
c) Subset of a Cartesian product of list of attributes
d) Subset of a Cartesian product of list of relations
7. Which one of these is not included in acid property of database
8. Which of the following command do we use to delete a relationship from a database
d) All of these
9. Advantages of NoSQL database
a) Open Source
c) High scalability
d) GUI is not available
10. Which one of these is an advantage of database?
a) Storage Space duplication is eliminated
b) All application share centralized files
c) Data are stored once in database and are easily accessible when needed
d) All of these
11. Which of the following is not a type of database
12. Which language can be used to get information from database?
13. Which clause is required in an SQL query for getting information from a database
14. Which SQL statement is used to insert a new data in a database
a) Add New
b) Insert New
c) Insert into
d) Add record
15. How can you execute DML statements in the database?
a) By making use of the insertStatement, DeleteStatement or UpdateStatement classes
b) By inoking the execute(…) or executeUpdate(…) method of a normal Statement object
c) By invoking the executeInsert(…), executeDelete(…) or executeUpdate(…) methods of
d) By making use of the execute(…) statement of the DataModificationStatement object
16. Which of the following is not a modification of the database
17. When is it best to use a NoSQL database?
a) When providing confidentiality, integrity, and availability is crucial
b) When the data is predictable
c) When the retrieval of large quantities of data is needed
d) When the retrieval speed of data is not critical
18. Which database concept describes the structure inside the database
a) Primary key
19. A _____ name must be unique within a database
20. Which of the following is the example of network database ?
21. In the client / server model the database
a) is downloaded to the client upon request
b) is shared by both the client and server
c) Resides on the client side
d) Resides on the server side
22. What method can you use to add a new table to your database ?
a) Use Design view to create table
b) Enter data directly by using a database
c) Both of above
d) All of these
23. How much maximum file can be there in one database ?
24. The android component that works like database
c) Broadcast Receivers
d) Content Providers
25. Which of the following is not a database
c) SQL Server
26. Which of the following is not a function of the database ?
a) Managing stored data
b) Manipulating data
c) Security for stored data
d) Analysing code
27. Database _____ which is the logical design of the database, and the database ______ which is a snapshot of the data in the database at a given instant in time.
a) Instance, Schema
b) Relation, Schema
c) Relation, Domain
d) Schema, Instance
28. Which data adaptor query type can be used with the access database?
a) Use SQL statements
b) Create new stored procedure
c) Use existing stored procedure
d) Both a and b
29. Command to open a particular database file is
30. A database procedure is stored in the database
a) In compiled form
b) As Source code
c) Both A & B
d) Not stored
31. Top providers of NoSQL database
d) All of these
32. Copyright in a database:
a) only exists if the database is the author’s own intellectual creation
b) required that skill and labour is used in the selection or arrangement of the contents of the database
c) Protect against the extraction of data from the database
d) does not protect databases where the intellectual creation went towards creating the data, rather than selecting or arranging it
33. Which of the following statements does not apply to relational database
a) Relational databases are simple to understand
b) Tables are one of the basic components of relational databases
c) Relational databases have a strong procedural oriented
d) Relational databases have a strong mathematical foundation
34. Which of the following is not the advantage of database Management System?
a) Controls Data Inconsistency
b) Facilitates Sharing Data
c) Increases Data Redundancy
d) Maintains Integrity
35. Which keyword is used to create a database ?
36. Unlike filters queries can be saved as _____ in a database.
d) Any of these
37. How will using a middle tier typically affect the number of connections to a database ?
a) Increase the Number
b) Have no effect on the number
c) Decrease the number
d) It depends on the type of client
38. In which of the following states the data is still not saved in the database ?
b) Partially Committed
c) Both A and B
d) None of these
39. A database contains ________ to help management of information.
(c) queries/ views
(d) all of them
40. Querying and selecting data from a table is called ______ .
(a) data update
(b) data retrieval
(c) data definition
(d) database administration