DRDO COPA Computer Question Book PDF Free Download for CEPTAM 10 2022 Technician-A Exam Paper preparation. All Questions collected from previous year competitive exam papers.
Computer Question for DRDO
1. How many types of arithmetic operations does the ALU of computer perform?
2. A microprocessor is
a) solid state device
b) capable of performing arithmetic operations
b) capable of performing logical operations
d) All of the above
3. What is the purpose of the keyboard shortcut ‘Shift+F3’ in MS Word 2010?
a) This shortcut displays font size options
b) This shortcut displays alignment options
c) This shortcut switches the text between uppercase, lowercase and title case
d) This shortcut displays font colour options
4. A ______ is used to read handwritten or printed text to make a digital image that is stored in memory. [RBI 2012]
b) Laser beam
d) Touch pad
5. What is the value of the following MS Excel formula?
6. Who among the following is considered as the ‘father of artificial intelligence’?
a) Charles Babbage
b) Alan Turing
c) John McCarthy
d) Lady Ada
7. Which of the following is incorrect?
Algorithm can be represented:
a) as pseudo codes
b) as syntax
c) as programs
d) as flowcharts
8. What do you call a specific instruction designed to do a task?
9. Magnetic tape can serve as
a) secondary storage media
b) output media
c) input media
d) All of these
10. The general range of speed in revolutions per minute (rpm) at which floppy disks rotate is
11. Developing software ______ means a major commitment of time, money and resources.
12. Removable drive is often called
a) Flash drives
b) RAM drive
c) Expansion card
d) All of these
Ans. a (Flash drive mean USB Pen drive)
13. A document that specifies how many times and with what data the program must be run in order to thoroughly test it.
a) addressing plan
b) test plan
c) validation plan
d) verification plan
14. The word _____ comes from the name of a Persian Mathematician Abu Ja’far Mohammad ibn-i Musa al Khowarizmi.
15. The dual-port version of DRAM formerly used in graphics adaptors is [SBI PO 2012]
a) FPM DRAM
d) DDR SDRAM
16. Another name for 1-D arrays.
a) Linear arrays
c) Horizontal array
d) Vertical array
17. The action performed by a _____ structure must eventually cause the loop to terminate.
18. Diskette is a
a) A removable direct-access storage medium containing multiple magnetic disks mounted vertically on a single-shaft is referred as
a) Tape pack
b) Disk pack
d) None of these
19. Diagnostic routines is a
a) Programs used to print error messages
b) Indicates system problems and improper program instructions
c) Both A & B are true
d) None of these
20. Which of the following shortcut keys is used to open windows Task Manager?
a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete
b) Alt + Enter
c) Ctrl + Shift + Esc
d) Ctrl + Shift + Tab
21. Which of the following unit produce a synchronization signal?
a) Control unit
b) Memory unit
c) Output unit
d) Processor unit
22. Where India’s 1st Center of Excellence on Internet of Things (COE-IoT) is situated?
23. Govt. of India has provided Tax Holidays for STPI. What does STPI stand for?
a) Systems and Technology Parks of India
b) Systems and Technical Projects of India
c) Systems and Technology Policies of India
d) Software Technology Parks of India
24. Is a concept presented by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in which a person can register his/her phone details to stop business promotional phones and messages.
a) Anti-harassment resisters
b) Do not disturb
c) Privacy monitoring
d) Spam filters
25. Which of the following is the second largest measurement of RAM? [BOB Clerk 2012]
26. How many ways are there to carry out floating-point operations?
27. Windows 10 was first released as a preview on which of the following day?
a) 1 January 2013
b) 12 July 2014
c) 1 October 2014
d) 1 December 2015
28. What is the program that translates source code into object code called?
29. Which of the following shortcuts is used to move cursor one word right while editing data in a cell in MS-Excel?
a) Ctrl + Shift + ß
b) Ctrl + à
c) Ctrl + Shift + à
d) Ctrl + Shift
30. The server that converts domain names to Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses) is called?
a) Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
b) Domain Name Server (DNS)
c) Media Transfer Protocol
d) Caching Name Server
31. In the context of a computer, the way in which an adversary can enter a system and potentially cause damage is called?
a) Attack Surface
b) Attack Signature
c) Attack pattern
d) Attack path
32. Which of the following appears in MS-Word 2007 document area, as soon as a block of text is selected for formatting?
a) New document
b) Print preview
c) Mini tool bar
33. When you enter a value in an MS Excel cell and press Shift + Enter keys, what will happen?
a) The cursor (selection box) will move to the upper cell
b) The cursor (selection box) will move to the lower cell
c) The cursor (selection box) will move to the right cell
d) The cursor (selection box) will move to the left cell
34. What will be the result of the following MS Excel formula?
35. The dual-port version of DRAM formerly used in graphics adaptors is [SBI PO 2012]
a) FPM DRAM
d) DDR SDRAM
36. What is the maximum height of a row in MS Excel 2010?
a) 255 points
b) 100 points
c) 409 points
d) 128 points
37. Which of the following keyboard shortcuts is used to open the ‘Paste Special’ dialogue box in MS Word 2010?
a) Ctrl + Alt + V
b) Ctrl + Shift + V
c) Ctrl + V
d) Ctrl + Alt + X
38. Any method for controlling access to or use of memory is known as
a) memory protection
b) memory map
c) memory management
d) memory instruction
39. The word size of the microprocessor refers to
a) the amount of a information that can be stored in a byte
b) the amount of a information that can be stored in a cycle
c) the number of machine operations performed in a second
d) the maximum length of an English word that can be input to a computer
40. Which of the following keyboard shortcuts is used to strike through the contents of a cell in MS Excel 2010?
a) Ctrl + P
b) Ctrl + S
c) Ctrl + 6
d) Ctrl + 5